This Dataset provides data from the IMPACT System. Data is collected by phone calls, emails, iPhone requests, and on-line requests from citizens and City staff. The Norfolk Cares Assistance Center provides a single point of contact for visitors, residents, businesses and City staff to request a city service, report a concern, seek information about Norfolk, or follow-up on a previous request for service. The Norfolk Cares Center was established to accomplish the cities initiative to become a more responsive customer oriented organization, and is a part of the Neighborhood Development Department.
The Norfolk Cares Center provides support services in the administration of the IMPACT System by:
• Receiving and routing requests to the appropriate Departments for investigation and resolution
• Creating Service Requests, Complaint Numbers and Work Orders using department specific applications (Basic GOV, HANSEN and Northstar)
• Providing timely and responsive follow-up to all on-line requests via the Civic Plus Application
• Record Custodians for City Attorney Claims (for most citizens we are the 1st point of contact)
• Utilizing City Website to provide requested information to citizens
• Contacting individual Departments for follow-up when completion time-frames have exceeded.
This dataset represents all active warrants recorded by the Norfolk Police Department. This dataset enables citizens to search crimes by type, demographics of persons involved and total number of outstanding warrants
Provides data from the city of Norfolk’s Human Resources regarding base salary information for employees. The Department of Human Resources provides a comprehensive human resources management program by developing and implementing policies, programs and services to support the City of Norfolk's priority of being a Well-Managed Government
Provides data from the city of Norfolk’s Human Resources regarding census demographic information for employees. The Department of Human Resources provides a comprehensive human resources management program by developing and implementing policies, programs and services to support the City of Norfolk's priority of being a Well-Managed Government.
This dataset provides information about permits and their associated inspections, violations, and status information. The issuance of building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire, amusement, elevator, certificates of occupancy, and zoning permits starts in the Development Service Center (DSC) where they are entered into BasicGov, the City’s ePermitting system. The purpose of the Development Service Center (DSC) is to consolidate acquisition of permits to one central location within Norfolk City Hall for the convenience of customers. This adjustment was made to facilitate Norfolk’s initiative to become a more responsive customer-oriented organization.